Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wonderful letters

island-in-the-sun-texturized-227.jpg

Frank A Hilario, guest blogger

We do receive more letters than we expect; here are selected ones from our guests in the last few days. Among other things, these letters make us realize that Wonder Island has its own special attraction to each and everyone of our guests.

I’ve just been to Wonder Island and I’ve been amazed at its transformation. I was there about 5 years ago, when it was just being developed. I got much better service this time. – Jimmy D

The little chapel on the hill is what I remember most of my solo trip to your island resort. You see, I’m still single and I like to travel all by my own, savoring the delights of places and the warmth of friendship of people. I like to think I’m religious myself and I appreciate your putting a special place for people to attend to the needs of their faith, if only occasionally. – Shirley B

Boy, did our family enjoy your warm spring water! We had a grand time splashing each other in the pool. We hope to come back soon for such watery pleasure. – Cora F

The boat cruise of Laguna De Bay will remain in my memory for a long time to come. It was a beautiful moon, and the stillness of the evening was disturbed only by the splashing of the water on the side of the boat. A lovely evening! – Duran

If you want a different experience and a little adventure out of the ordinary, I suggest you go visit Wonder Island, which is located south of Manila, in the countryside City of Calamba. Before you embark on your island discovery tour, why not drop by the shrine of the national hero Jose Rizal who was born in that city? Wonder Island, it’s called; Wonder Boy I’d call the young Jose Rizal, as I learned that he wrote a patriotic poem when he was only 8 years old, ‘Sa Aking Mga Kabata’ (To The Kids Of My Own Time’), the same which has been translated in English and interpreted differently by Frank A Hilario, a writer who creates intriguing, insightful essays and never seems to run out of ideas even on old topics. As to Wonder Island, you will discover more than you thought you would on a little island surrounded not only by water, of course, but also historic and majestic mountains. – John Bill M

No comments: